Saturday, January 8, 2011

Jun Kung wrote...

Eason chan- Faye Wong-Sandy Lam concert series.
Monday, Jan 17, 2011 5:10AM / Standard Entry
Its been a great exciting new year to date...
Just started the year with some amazing concert series including my own.
Am so proud to say that I have been very blessed to be part of the elite pop stars' backing musician. Yes, a very humble drummer from a village called macau.
Spent and Kicked off the new year in canada, vegas and sanfran...with eason...for his DUO world tour....
I wasn't a fan of his music , but a friend and fellow Lenny Kravitz fan.
But after spending time with him, and his music, I definately have a a different twist to canto pop.
yes, there are badly done music on this earth, but I have to say that , the hand picked songs for all the tours that I am involved in , really has great depth and musical content to this so caled "canto POP". I am learning things that I never knew existed ! It's really mind blowing. So power to eason.
I am a fan now.
so here i am, in Taiwan just finished my homework with Faye Wong's 2 hr 30 minute non stop set !
What an amazing voice to say the least. I got my boys in the band too, part of JUNK UNIT. for anyone who was at the JUN ON MOON concert. The groove makers of that unit....
Is on fayes concert.
To make a long story short, we were called in as hired guns to do this show.
Call it credit, mileage , contacts , connections....whatever...we got the gig ! and we are proud to be playing with a true artist . FAYE. so taiwan here we come.....looking forward to meeting her in person...
Finally, another DIVA with class, Musical taste and really a down to earth personality.
Sandy Lam, whom I have had the honor of meeting and been touring for her the last year.
She covered one of my songs on the album, Man on the moon, in chinese , the name YUET KAU YAN, makes more sense, sinnce the song is in cantonese.
also, I wrote some songs for her that will be on her upcoming album ! what a joy to hear a real singer control her voice the way she does in the studio. and actually witnessing her being guided by a young producer younger than me....
Do u have any idea how hard to let someone guide a superstar to the promise land?
let alone a diva in every right, in the studio for the take that will be on the album? the amount of trust and love I felt in the studio the whole time, was just pure, artistic respect for each other.
I am talking about the producer and the artist...U may ask ,what role did I play in this series?.....
Nothing, I just brought some sushi rolls one saturday evening and made lots of coffee and just sat back and watched them carve my songs into her own masterpiece.
Yup , I did not participate musically, I just contributed my melody , song , and they turned a caterpilar into a butterfly.....awwwwww, how poetic !
My word for this year......
"ONE WORD PHRASES ! "
Peace everyone...
good night from taipei.......
JK

No comments: